During the annual ISE exhibition in the Netherlands smarthom manufacturer Crestron presents the Crestron Home OS 3. The update for the operating system promises a simple, clean and refined user experience, which should accelerate the rollout of large and small projects.
Crestron Home OS 3 is coming
Crestron has announced that the Crestron Home OS 3 will be presented during the ISE exhibition. It must be the total package for a smarthome project of any size: a simpler, smarter user experience on mobile devices and tsw touchscreens; fast roll-out for integrators; and the confidence that renowned Crestron hardware brings. The operating system has been redesigned and should feel simple, clean and refined. OS 2 has laid the foundations for the system, on which OS 3 is now building on.
From spring 2019, new page designs, dynamic room control and icons and new functions will come up with OS 3. Complete projects can be set up and executed. on whatever scale in just a fraction of the time it takes in normal methods, without having to program extra. These are the main features:
- Smooth performance
- Support for multiple houses
- Easy creation and editing of scenes
- New icons to save favorites
- Sophisticated layout to easily reach the most commonly used functionalities
- Dynamic display functionalities
- Personal adjustments to the interface with photos of the house per room
- Forced end-to-end encryption for secure communication
- Register homeowners and guests remotely with their own URL
Earlier this week, Crestron also announced an update for TSR-310 remote control .